Financial Aid Process
The financial aid process doesn't begin until a student is admitted to the program. FEMBA is a three year program with enrollment in Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters. Once a student is admitted, these are the steps involved:
- If you are a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident, submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov (UCLA School Code #001315)
- Submit any documentation required to release holds you may have on your FAFSA (Selective Service, proof of citizenship, taxes, etc.) to the EMBA/FEMBA Financial Aid Office, Fax (310) 206-3659
- Complete the mandatory Loan Entrance Interview at www.loans.ucla.edu > Debt Management tab
- Complete the Student Intent to Register (SIR) with UCLA Grad Division (you will receive an email from Grad Division with instructions)
- When your SIR is processed, you will receive your Electronic Financial Aid Notification (eFAN) in your email
- Choose your loan amounts on your eFAN, submit your application online, and sign your MPNs (Master Promissory Notes)
- Sign up for BruinDirect
UCLA Electronic Financial Aid Notification (eFAN)
The Electronic Financial Aid Notification (eFAN) is the official notice of your financial aid eligibility for the 2012-13 academic year. The eFAN will be available in Summer 2012. To be eligible to borrow federal loans, you must be either a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident. You will not receive an eFAN unless you have been admitted to the program, have filled out the FAFSA, and have addressed any requests for additional documents.
To retrieve your eFAN at UCLA:
- Go to www.fao.ucla.edu
- Select MyFAO
- Log In
- Accept, decline, or adjust your Federal Stafford and/or Federal Graduate PLUS student loan offer(s)
- Under Self Reported Awards, please indicate any company sponsorship or reimbursement for 12-13 academic school year
- Hit Submit
- Go to http://studentloans.gov to electronically sign your MPNs (Master Promissory Notes) for the Direct Stafford and Direct Graduate PLUS loans
- If you wish additional information about Federal Stafford and/or Federal Graduate PLUS loans, go to www.fao.ucla.edu and select "Publications" from the menu
All FEMBA students are required to sign up for BruinDirect. BruinDirect is the direct and secure way to receive your BruinBill refund. BruinDirect is the process that takes the refund from your BruinBill account and electronically deposits that refund into your personal checking account. A refund is generated on your BruinBill account when you receive funds, such as scholarships, grants, fellowships, stipends, loans or any non-payroll payments to students, which exceed the fees due.
Financial aid disbursements occur electronically to your BruinBill account at UCLA 10 days prior to the start of the quarter. You must be enrolled in classes and posting credits to receive a financial aid award. If you fall below the quarter required posting units, you will be sent a bill to immediately pay back any ineligible student loan funding.