Your Future Looks Bright
Each year the FEMBA Admissions Committee evaluates scores of applications. We're honored by the number of gifted professionals who choose our Fully Employed MBA Program above all others. They seek the best and so do we. To this end, we carefully screen all applicants with the singular goal of assembling only the brightest and most talented individuals. Those accepted join a diverse community of remarkable men and women who are destined for success.
- CLASS PROFILES >>
Class of 2016 Class Size 293 Average Age 31 Middle 80% Age Range 26-35 Percent Women 31% Number of Countries Represented 36 Percent with Master's Degrees 31% Median Undergraduate GPA 3.4 Median GMAT Score 680 Middle 80% GMAT Score Range 620-730 Average Work Experience 7 years Middle 80% Years of Work Experience Range 3-11 Average Base Salary $85,782 Middle 80% Base Salary Range $53,000-$117,000 Number of Companies Represented 234
Class of 2015 Class Size 307 Average Age 31 Middle 80% Age Range 27-35 Percent Women 28% Number of Countries Represented 25 Percent with Master's Degrees 25% Average Undergraduate GPA 3.4 Average GMAT Score 685 Middle 80% GMAT Score Range 640-730 Average Work Experience 7 years Middle 80% Years of Work Experience Range 4-11 Average Base Salary $83,967 Middle 80% Base Salary Range $45,000-$120,000 Number of Companies Represented 244
We look for candidates who've demonstrated managerial advancement potential and have the endorsement of their organizations. Our applicants are considered on the basis of academic performance, leadership skills, admission essays, work history, GMAT scores, and career advancement. The Admissions Committee gives considerable attention to grades and test scores as substantiation of academic achievement and the ability to manage the demands of the UCLA Anderson program.
|Educational Background||All eligible candidates must hold at least a four-year bachelor’s degree from a college or university of fully-recognized standing. Applicants who attended institutions outside the United States should have completed 16 years of study, including four years at the college or university level. No specific undergraduate major is required. There are no predetermined grade point average minimums.|
|Work Experience||Applicants typically have four to seven years of full-time work experience after receiving a bachelor’s degree. The quality and nature of experience is also an important consideration. All candidates must possess both a demonstrated potential for managerial advancement and the endorsement of their organizations.|
|GMAT or GRE||The Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) is required for all applicants. There is no minimum score requirement for application to the FEMBA program.|
|English Language Proficiency Exams (TOEFL and IELTS)||UCLA rules require the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) for all applicants educated in countries where English is not the ubiquitous language. Some exceptions apply. A note to applicants from India and Singapore: current UCLA policy requires the TOEFL if applicants prior degree was granted in India or Singapore.|
The On-line Application Process is as follows:
- Completed On-Line Application
- Non-refundable application fee of US$200
- Official College and University transcripts and other academic records
- Essay questions
These are your personal statements of your goals and accomplishments.
- Two letters of recommendation
Recommendations are submitted electronically through the online application. You will insert the contact info for each of your recommenders. Each recommender will be sent a link via email to complete the recommendation electronically.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) score report
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report (if applicable)
- RE-APPLICANTS >>
Reapplicants are those who submitted a completed FEMBA application within the previous two years (i.e., for the classes which began in Fall 2012 or Fall 2013) and received a final decision. The process to reapply is streamlined.
- Create a new account in ApplyYourself (using a different email address than before, making sure that it will remain valid throughout the new admissions season).
- Indicate on the application that you are submitting a renewal.
- Submit only one new recommendation.
- Answer the reapplication essay question below.
- Watch for decision notifications according to the standard release schedule.
- You will be evaluated by the same standards as first-time applicants, so there is no disadvantage to reapplying.
- Highlighting progress made since the prior application is the best way to get a different result this time.
- Admission Committee members see the entire previous application to provide context.
- Standardized test scores (GMAT, TOEFL and IELTS) remain on file if previously reported, though scores are subject to expiration dates.
- You may submit new test scores if desired, and of course, higher scores make an application more competitive.
- If you would like to get feedback on your application from the past season before reapplying, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org (please put "feedback request" in the subject line), and we will schedule a telephone feedback session with you in late June.
Required Reapplication Essay
- Please describe your career progress since you last applied and the ways in which you have enhanced your candidacy. Include updates on short-term and long-term career goals, as well as your continued interest in UCLA Anderson. (700 words maximum)
Re-applicants may also submit an optional written essay. No preference is given in the evaluation process to applicants who submit an optional essay.
- Are there any extenuating circumstances in your profile about which the Admissions Committee should be aware? (250 words maximum)
- NOTES REGARDING ON-LINE APPLICATION >>
Our web-based application is platform independent. No added software is necessary. Applications will be saved each time they are worked on and can be viewed before completion. Once the submit option has been selected, the application will be sent directly to UCLA Anderson. No changes can be made after the application has been submitted. Following submittal, applicants will receive a link that provides access to a status-check website where applicants can confirm that the application has been received and are able to check on the status of the application. Application fee is paid online by credit or debit card.
An on-campus admissions interview provides an opportunity for applicants to personalize candidacy beyond what has been articulated in the actual application. Roughly 25 minutes in length, each interview is conducted by a current student or alumnus. Even though interviews are not required, they are highly recommended.
Upon starting an application, prospects will have the opportunity to register for an upcoming interview. Only one interview will be conducted for each applicant. If the applicant is unable to attend the specified interview date, the Admissions Committee may request a candidate to interview by telephone at its discretion.
|Round||Exam(s) Taken By||Application Submission*||On-Campus Interview||Decision Notification||Commitment By|
|1||Oct. 31, 2013||Oct. 30, 2013||Nov. 2, 2013||Dec. 20, 2013||Jan. 31, 2014|
|2||Dec. 31, 2013||Jan. 8, 2014||Jan. 11, 2014||Mar. 21, 2014||Apr. 18, 2014|
|3||Mar. 31, 2014||Apr. 16, 2014||Apr. 19, 2014||May 30, 2014||June 20, 2014|
|4||May 31, 2014||May 14, 2014||Apr. 19, 2014||June 13, 2014||June 27, 2014|
*Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. PST on this day.
Round Four applicants may register for an interview April 19, even if application has not been submitted.
We recommend that you begin the application process early. Each year, we regrettably turn away qualified candidates who apply too late. If you're serious about attending the FEMBA program, start your application process now.
The FEMBA Admissions Committee seeks to enroll a diverse class of approximately 288 students per year to comprise four 70+ member class sections. Participants are carefully selected for their overall abilities and the valuable contributions that they can make to the educational process. The members of each incoming class typically represent a broad range of academic backgrounds and interests. Students are admitted to begin the FEMBA program in the Fall quarter only. The program commences with Leadership Foundations each year, typically in September, a few weeks prior to the start of Fall quarter.
- Admissions Notice - Accuracy of Application Information - Requirements
- Submit application information that is true, accurate and complete.
- Formulate and write all narrative responses without assistance of any kind.
- Acknowledge that he or she understands and agrees that any misrepresentation or omission of facts in an application is grounds for denial of admission, cancellation of admission or expulsion.
- Acknowledgement of Applications
We acknowledge the receipt of applications for admission with an email confirmation. Applicants who apply on or close to the deadline can expect a short delay in notification of receipt of their application. Applicants will be notified separately if any necessary elements are missing from the submitted application. The Admissions Committee cannot consider an application until it is complete. By applying to the program, applicants authorize the Admissions Committee to verify any and all information submitted.