Online Recommendation Form:
Provide contact information for two recommenders who can complete the Online Recommendation Form. Letters of recommendation need to be from individuals who are well acquainted with your performance in a work setting.
Recommendations provide us with third-party confirmation and insights into your achievements. You should choose two recommenders who will support your candidacy with concrete examples of performance and impact on the organization.
• Recommendations must be submitted on-line, not via hard-copy responses to these questions.
• You must register your recommenders, who then use the confidential on-line link they receive directly from Apply Yourself. Your recommenders also have the option to upload an additional document if desired.
• Only two recommendations are accepted per application.
• Recommendations should be from a current and former direct supervisor who is best equipped to answer questions about your leadership, communication, teamwork, initiative and other skills.
• If you are unable to ask a current supervisor for a recommendation, then you can ask a manager from another department, or a consultant or client who knows you well enough to answer the questions insightfully.
• Academic contacts are not usually able to provide information on management potential. Similarly, family members, peers and friends are not appropriate as recommenders.