Essays are the primary way for you to share your perspective and career plans. The best essays are introspective, genuine and succinct in directly answering the questions and responding to the topics.
Essay questions are listed below for both first-time applicants and re-applicants.
• You should try to distinguish yourself by showing what makes you different from others who share similar profiles.
• Make a strong case for your future plans. Even if your career plans change during business school, your application essays should lay out a clear trajectory for short-term and long-term goals. Do this by demonstrating how you expect to build on skills from your past, and those you expect to gain from the MBA.
• Content and clarity are key elements, as we seek superior communication skills.
• Style is a consideration too, although we understand that those who speak other languages may have different manners of expression in English.
• Length does not equal strength. A well-written short essay can have even more impact than a longer essay. Please try to respect the word limits indicated below.
FIRST-TIME APPLICANTS - 3 REQUIRED ESSAYS:
Essay 1: Describe how your professional and personal experiences have led you to pursue an Executive MBA; include your career objectives and how the UCLA Anderson EMBA Program will help you achieve them. (Maximum 1 page, double-spaced, 12 font)
Essay 2: We believe that the EMBA experience is a transformative one that will have a positive impact on students' lives, workplaces, industries, and communities. In turn, how will you positively impact the MBA community while a student at UCLA Anderson? (Maximum 1 page, double-spaced, 12 font)
Essay 3: Organizational Chart: To help us understand your professional responsibilities and the nature of our job, please upload an organizational chart demonstrating your position in your company including those you report to and those who report to you.
Essay 4 (Re-applicants Only): If you are re-applying, what year and to which program did you apply? Describe your career progress since you last applied and ways you have enhanced your candidacy. (Maximum 1 page, double-spaced, 12 font)