We assist MBA women in reaching their professional goals and lifestyle aspirations by providing events and resources that recognize and address the unique challenges that women face in business today. Our organization consists of more than 150 women enrolled in the full-time and part-time MBA programs at UCLA Anderson. We focus on career exploration, professional development, work-life balance and networking with alumnae in the Los Angeles business community to enrich the personal and professional lives of our members.
- Industry Brunches
- Each month, WBC hosts a brunch for a different industry. The brunches provide an excellent opportunity to meet women at various stages in their careers in areas from consulting to brand management and entrepreneurship to finance. Each brunch is held in an intimate setting and provides opportunities to explore a new field or network with executives from a firm in which you are interested.
- Speaker Series
- Throughout the year, WBC invites women at the top of their fields to Anderson. Past topics have included a negotiations workshop, managing your personal finances workshop, and a work/life balance panel.
- Admissions Coffee Chats
- The admissions coffee chats pair prospective students with current women at Anderson, who speak about their experience in the program and career plans beyond Anderson.
- Mentorship Program
- The WBC Mentorship Program pairs current MBAs with a mentor in their future industry or field. Throughout the year, WBC hosts a series of cocktail hours, picnics, and more formal seminars to bring the mentors and mentees together as a group. In addition, mentors and mentees meet 1-on-1 throughout the year.
- Golf Clinic
- The Women's Golf Clinic is a daylong event during which we have fun and learn how to play or improve our golf games.
- Women in Business Conference
- The UCLA Anderson Women’s Conference is a daylong conference that aims to empower women to become authentic leaders in a global world through exceptional speakers, candid industry-specific discussions, and facilitated networking among best-in-class professionals.
- Game Night with the Professors
- Professors join the women of WBC to play various card games. Come learn from or beat your favorite Statistics professor at poker.
- Cocktail Hours, Wine & Cheese nights, potlucks and other social events
- Exactly what they sound like!
- Dinner 4 Eights and Days on the Job
- Throughout the year, WBC hosts small dinners with executives from various industries and coordinates with companies ranging from start ups to Fortune 500 companies to arrange on-site visits.
- WBC Volunteer Days
- In conjunction with C4C, the women of WBC spend a day volunteering for a not-for-profit organization. In addition, one of the "volunteer days" is actually a shopping event where a percentage of the proceeds goes to C4C.