Since its inception in 1992, SOMA has existed to translate educational learning into real-world experiential knowledge in the areas of strategic planning, business development, operations, and supply chain management. Within these job functions, SOMA provides a variety of industry touch-points to its nearly 200 active members through its programs and events. These activities sponsored by SOMA facilitate interaction between students and industry professionals or corporate executives to help students gain a thorough understanding of the essential tools and skills needed to solve complex issues.
- Career Roundtables
- Multiple operations professionals from various industries visit SOMA members to share information about job functions and career experiences
- Days On the Job (DOJ)
- SOMA members visit local companies to experience a day in the life of an operations professional
- Industry Speaker Events
- Keynote speakers visit SOMA members to address specific topics in operations
- SOMA Kickoff
- The social event in the beginning of the academic year to welcome our new members and to share experiences acquired during the summer internships.
- Dinner for Eight
- A chance for students to meet with top recruiters and accomplished alumni in a more casual setting. It is a perfect opportunity to learn insights about working in certain industry and organization.