The Retail Management Association (RMA) strives to bridge the gap between creativity and business in the retail industry. Our goal is to make UCLA Anderson a premier source for the training of academic and professional leaders in the retail, design, luxury and apparel industries. We believe that through hands on involvement, direct interaction with executives, and exposure to real world managerial challenges, we heighten the quality of academic exploration for our members as well as the greater Anderson community.
- RMA Kickoff Lunch
- Introduction to the Retail Management Association, overview of the year’s events and invitation for 1st years to apply for board positions.
- Retail 101 Lunch Meeting
- Introduction to the different sectors and current trends in the retail industry. Students will get the inside scoop on what they need to know and prepare for recruiting during the upcoming year.
- 2nd Year Internship Panel
- Meet 2nd years that have done their summer internships in the retail industry. Learn about their recruitment process, internship responsibilities and overall experiences within the industry.
- UCLA/USC Mixer
- Annual mixer with the Retail and Luxury Club at USC Marshall. This is a great way to network with MBAs outside of Anderson.
- Company Presentation / Informational Sessions
- Interact and build relationships with industry professionals who bring their rich retail experience to share with Anderson students.
- Partnerships (pending)
- Amazon, Louis Vuitton, BCBG, Bloomingdale’s, Dillard’s
- Dinners for Eight (D48s)
- Dinners-for-Eight present opportunities for students to interact with retail industry experts in an intimate setting.
- Days on the Job (DoJs)
- Interact with representatives from the company in a small group setting. Gives you a chance to learn more about the company directly from top management and gives the company an opportunity to learn more about you. Partnerships (pending): Amazon, Louis Vuitton, BCBG
- Fashion Show
- Originally created to spotlight the distinct style of Los Angeles, the show has grown tremendously and now attracts support from top international designers. Previous shows have featured top designers, including LaRok, Shoshanna, Tadashi and David Meister. In addition to a runway show, last year's event included open bar and dinner, dance and music performances, a silent auction, and an after-party at the W Hotel in Westwood.
- Alumni Mixer
- Network with Anderson alumni working in the retail industry. The Anderson alumni presence in retail, from ecommerce to luxury, continues to grow and this is a great opportunity to meet industry professionals working in the LA area.