The Retail Management Association (RMA) helps UCLA Anderson students develop an understanding and working knowledge of the retail industry and the various functions within the industry. The club supports students' desire to enter the retail sector--from luxury to apparel to restaurants, or to launch their business in one of these areas.
Through hands on involvement, direct interaction with executives, and exposure to real world managerial challenges, the RMA heightens the quality of academic exploration for our members as well as the greater Anderson community.
- RMA Kickoff Meeting
- Introduction to the Retail Management Association, the Board and the year's planned events. Also, 1st-years learn about leadership opportunities within the RMA.
- Career Panel
- Meet company representatives who hold diverse roles in the retail industry to learn about their functions and the retail industry.
- 2nd Year Internship Panel
- Meet 2nd-years who have completed summer internships in the retail industry. Learn about the recruitment process, internship responsibilities and their experiences within the industry.
- Career Night
- Meet company representatives who are interested in hiring Anderson students for summer internships and full-time positions. Previous companies that attended include: Forever 21, Old Navy (Gap), Revolve Clothing, St. John's, 20Jeans, Beyond Yoga, The Bouqs and Triple Thread.
- Company Presentations/Informational Sessions
- Interact and build relationships with industry professionals who will share their retail experience with Anderson students.
- Dinners for Eight (D48s)
- Dinners-for-Eight offer students the opportunity to interact with retail industry experts in an intimate setting. Recent D48s include Levi's and Louis Vuitton.
- Days on the Job (DoJs)
- Interact with company representatives in a small group setting to learn about the company directly from top management and have the company learn more about you! Recent DoJs include Louis Vuitton and Ross Stores.
- Mixers with other schools, including USC Marshall, NYU Stern and Columbia Business School
- Great opportunities to network with MBAs outside of Anderson and outside of Los Angeles.
- Retail Treks (NYC and San Francisco)
- During each retail trek, students will visit a handful of companies in a particular geographical area. Each company visit will last a couple of hours and will include a company presentation, office/store tour, a panel featuring various employees in different functions, and a networking or a meal between students and employees. Company presentations will cover topics, including MBA-level roles and opportunities, corporate culture and current business initiatives. For the 2013-2014 academic year, retail treks are planned for NYC and San Francisco.
- AnderGlam Fashion Show
- Originally created to spotlight the distinct style of Los Angeles, the fashion show has grown tremendously and now attracts support from top designers and companies, including LaRok, Shoshanna, Tadashi, David Meister, Banana Republic and HauteLook. In addition to a runway show, last year's event included open bar, dinner, dance and music performances, a silent auction, and an after-party at the W Hotel in Westwood.
- Analytics/CRM Workshops
- E-Commerce & Omnichannel Workshops