The Energy Management Group (EMG) at the UCLA Anderson School of Management serves to strengthen educational pursuits, facilitate networking opportunities, and enhance recruiting efforts among Anderson students, alumni and energy related organizations. We provide venues for students to learn, connect, and launch careers in the energy industry. Our functional interests lie in finance, strategy, marketing, technology development, and trading. We promote career development in all parts of the industry, and provide a formal channel for energy recruiting to take place at UCLA Anderson.
- Energy 101 Seminars
- Lectures taught by alumni and industry experts to give students an insight into the energy industry. Topics include: Basics & Terminology, Project Finance, Policy, Project Development, Renewable Energy, Oil & Gas, and Nuclear Energy.
- Panel Discussions & Tours
- Panel discussions cover a variety of industry topics that are of interest and relevant to current students. Tours include visiting solar and wind installations, oil refineries, and clean tech manufacturing facilities.
- Career Coaching
- Second year students with past energy experience provide education and job search assistance by helping job seekers through the recruiting process. Career coaches provide resume critique and run mock interviews.
- EMG Career Night
- Features representatives and alumni from top California firms specializing in transportation fuels and electricity generation industries.
- Days on the Job Visits
- Personalized on-site tours and presentations at energy companies in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego and other Southern California locations. These visits allow students to learn about companies and network with current employees.
- Energy Innovation Conference
- Every Spring EMG hosts a full-day conference for students, academics and industry professionals consisting of panels that cover the cutting edge issues in the energy industry. See the schedule from last year's conference here.