UCLA Anderson's Challenge for Charity (C4C) is the largest charitable organization at the Anderson School of Management. Last year, Anderson C4C raised $75,000 and volunteered over 4,500 hours for its three select charities: Special Olympics, Junior Achievement, and Project ECHO. UCLA Anderson is one of nine West coast business schools in the MBA Challenge for Charity organization that competes annually for the coveted Golden Briefcase. The competition is comprised of fundraising, volunteerism, and the annual Sports Weekend hosted at Stanford University each April. Over the past 14 years, the organization has volunteered thousands of hours and donated over $5.2 million to its selected charities. We strive to help develop Anderson MBAs with a lifelong commitment to community involvement and social responsibility. Challenge for Charity has a 501(c)(3) non-profit standing.
- Orientation Events
- During first-year Orientation, C4C organizes a sports competition between sections called Game Day, as well as a day where all first years volunteer together (typically at elementary schools with Junior Achievement). Section fundraisers also occur during Orientation, and everything contributes to determining the winner of the Section Cup.
- Quarterly Volunteer Days
- Each quarter, C4C highlights one major volunteer event to bring out the entire Anderson community. Participants get a slick C4C Volunteer Day shirt and work together to give back to the community.
- Anderson Sports Day
- This event gives Anderson students the chance to show off their athletic prowess in a one-day tournament of sports, including soccer, dodgeball, flag football, softball, and ultimate frisbee. Sponsor companies can send representatives to play or coach the student teams.
- Anderson Ski Trip
- Each December after finals, C4C plans a big ski trip for Anderson MBAs. It's a great way for students to unwind, hit the slopes, and socialize without any academic-related worries. In years past, we have gone to Breckenridge, Whistler, and other popular ski resorts.
- Casino Night & Auction
- One of the biggest social events of the year, our annual Casino Night & Auction features a night of dancing, casino games, a date auction, a silent auction, and more!
- This annual event benefits Junior Achievement and gives students the opportunity to form bowling teams, dress up in crazy costumes, and have a night of pin-knocking fun.
- Anderson Talent Showcase
- A school as diverse as Anderson brigs in students of many unique talents. The Anderson Talent Showcase is a great event that gives students a chance to perform in front of the Anderson community. Typical acts include group dances, singing, and a Battle of the Bands.
- Wine Tour
- This event brings together Anderson students and their love for wine-tasting. Everyone hops on a private shuttle that goes by a number of wineries in the SoCal area.
- C4C Weekend
- Occurring each April, C4C Weekend is held at Stanford and is the culmination of all of the volunteering and fundraising efforts that occur throughout the year. All 9 MBA programs attend and send teams to compete in various sports, with the results contributing to the awarding of the coveted Golden Briefcase. It's a great way for Anderson students to meet other MBAs during a weekend of sports and socializing.
- Other Events
- In addition to the above events, C4C organizes many other events for students to participate in throughout the year, including a ton of smaller volunteering events, live sports events & game watches, beer pong & flip cup tournaments, participation in 5K runs, and more!