The Anderson Veterans Association’s mission is to build a professional network devoted to advancing the careers of military veterans at UCLA Anderson School of Management.
The AVA works hard in three main areas: prospective candidates, current students, and alumni/veteran recruiters. The Association works closely with the admissions department to identify veteran Anderson applicants and support and assist them in their admissions process. The AVA also works hard at providing current AVA students with the tools needed to shine in interviews, adjust their resumes, and connect with networks in desired industries/functions. Lastly, the AVA remains close with Veterans Anderson alums as well as Veteran recruiters and Veteran MBA’s willing to assist members of the Armed Forces. Through Dinner-for-eights, cross-table discussions, and mentorship programs, the AVA is continuously connecting current AVA students with grads, veterans, and recruiters looking for the skills we possess.
- Dinner-for-Eights with leaders in all industries including Finance, VC, Entertainment, Technology, and Marketing.
- Cross-table discussions
- Cross-table discussions with Veteran Recruiters from Companies looking to hire more heroes. Fall Resume Workshop that translates military bullet points into ones that civilians would understand and value.
- Fall Interview Workshop
- honing interview skills and stories that will differentiate you from the rest of your peers.
- Community Service Opportunities
- Working with local VA, military bases, and Wounded Warrior Project to assist those in need.
- Mentorship Program
- Connecting current AMA students with either Anderson grads or American Corporate Partners (ACP)
- Internship/Full-time Employment Log
- Current students can see where AMA members have interviewed, interned, or worked.
- Happy Hour get-togethers
- Annual Anderson/Marshall Veteran Mixer
- Veteran Get-togethers
- Application Waiver for Veteran Candidates
- UCLA Anderson’s Full-Time MBA Program is offering to waive the $200 application fee for “active duty” military personnel. The only requirements are as follows:
- Start an application via ApplyYourself, but do not submit it.
- Contact the Full Time MBA Program at 310-825-6944 or email us at email@example.com to request a fee waiver.
- Once your request has been processed, you may then go ahead and submit your completed application.
- Please remember to request a fee waiver at least one week prior to our Round deadlines, which are as follows: Round 1 = 10/22/13, Round 2 = 1/7/14, and Round 3 = 4/15/14.