The purpose of the Greater China Business Association (GCBA) is to provide a forum for the sharing, learning and networking of UCLA Anderson students, alumni and faculty interested in exploring or pursuing careers and business opportunities in the Greater China region.
- Wilbur K. Woo Greater China Business Conference (Winter quarter)
- The Woo Conference serves as a platform to help people better understand the role and impact of China’s growing influence in the world and explore future opportunities for collaboration between the U.S. and China.
- Days-On-the-Job Hong Kong | Shanghai | Beijing (Winter break)
- China DOJ provides the resources and opportunities for students who are interested in landing jobs in China to visit and network with target companies in major business cities in China.
- China Trip (Spring break)
- China Trip is for those who are interested in having a real experience of Chinese culture and visiting China’s main cities (to be decided).
- Speaker Series (throughout the whole academic year)
- We invite people from Chinese companies in both China and US to have conversations with students through panel discussions or D48.
- Networking Events (throughout the whole academic year)
- We organize networking events among current students within Anderson and with other faculties of UCLA, between full-time MBAs and FEMBAs, between our students and alumni, and between UCLA Anderson and other top business schools in US and China.
- Language Learning Sessions (throughout the whole academic year)
- We organize language sharing sessions among current students. For those who are interested in doing business in China or simply want to understand simple Chinese, we provide basic Mandarin lessons. In addition, we hold language sharing sessions (Chinese and English) on a weekly basis for both Chinese students and English speaking students to understand the culture differences in various context in both Chinese and English so that they could be better prepared in business occasions.