One of the largest and oldest cultural clubs at UCLA Anderson, the Asian Management Students Association (AMSA) is dedicated to creating a network of students, alumni and prominent business leaders who are interested in initiatives that affect Asian-Americans in business as well as the cultural community. Through networking events both within the Anderson community and externally with Asian professional organizations and other Asian MBA associations, AMSA serves to enhance the professional, recruiting and social experience of Anderson students. In addition, AMSA recognizes the importance of combining business with cultural awareness and actively supports diversity initiatives throughout the Anderson community. AMSA currently has 150 members and over 1,000 alumni.
- Kickoff Happy Hour
- Welcome all returning and new students to meet and learn about AMSA over good food and drinks at a bar close to campus.
- First Year – Second Year Mentorship Program
- This mentorship program is designed to give first-year students additional support by pairing them with a second year students with similar career and/or cultural backgrounds.
- Dinner for 8's
- Have dinner and pick the brain of an accomplished alumni or industry expert.
- AMSA Retreat
- Spend a lovely weekend away from Los Angeles and share good food and fun activities your fellow AMSA members.
- Vegas Trip
- Network with Asian MBA students from other business schools as we take over Vegas for a weekend.
- Club Night
- Dance your heart out at a local LA area nightclub, with drinks on us.
- Outdoor Activities Series
- Hiking, surfing, and skiing. You name it. We do it. Come join the fun.
- Good Eats Series
- Every month, we will explore a different LA area restaurant to survey some of the best ethnic cuisine in the United States.
- UCLA-USC Mixer
- Although they are our rivals in sports, they can be our friends in every other avenue of life. AMSA regularly gets together with counterparts at USC over drinks or activities.