Easton Technology Management Center & Center for MEMES present
2016 BIG DATA CONFERENCE
NOVEMBER 18, 2016
8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
DISRUPTION — YOU HEAR IT TALKED ABOUT,
but when do you actually see it? Big data, in its short history, has become synonymous with unlocking the truth in business. And where the truth prevails against expectations, you will witness disruption.
This one-day interactive conference, organized by the Easton Center and the Center for MEMES at the UCLA Anderson School of Management, brought together a cross section of industry experts and academic thought leaders who are shaping and defining the conversation around the business aspects of big data. It was one of the few Big Data Conferences that approach the big data technology conversation from the business perspective.
The theme of this year’s Big Data Conference was Disruption. With data becoming an asset for organizations to stay competitive, big data technology is driving disruption in enterprises big and small in sectors including entertainment/media, health care, energy, financial services, retail and agriculture. Big data technology is creating new products and services and, often, new businesses, such as streaming music and content services. It is allowing for more effective targeting of content and marketing micro-targeting, and is maturing in terms of its impact on enterprises, with the advent of new technologies such as the Internet of Things, VR/AR and machine learning. Last year's conference had over 300 attendees and over 400 attendees joined this year's conference.
- How big data technology deployment has disrupted businesses and entire sectors
- Understand and prepare how to use your data for your business to stay competitive
- Where is the Big Data conversation headed in various sectors?
- Are big data issues for startups different from those in large global corporations?
- What Big data solutions are available to enterprises? Challenges that remain to be solved? How far have we come since the early days of big data and when will businesses begin to see an impact from big data?
- How does a new technology such as virtual reality play a key role in making big data and its insights more accessible to key decision makers?
- While big data solutions in many instances have focused on the storage and management of data, is it machine learning that will help discover insights for future predictions often without human intervention?
"I was really impressed by the quality of the speakers and the thought that went into discussions."
--Jason Lee, Principal, Bain & Co.
"I have been to many conferences and networking events - this was superior, the information and guest speakers were awesome!"
-- Sherri Freeman, Business Development Manager, Edge Skills