Managing the Entertainment & Media Enterprise introduces students to the concepts, analyses and activities that constitute the management of global sports and entertainment. In particular, the course examines enterprises and brands, and provides essential practice in assessing and solving related business problems.
Students benefit from a balanced approach to the business industry for a value-added “real-world” education in the marketing of sports and entertainment products. Considerable focus is placed on customer or user experience through case studies, lectures and guest speakers. The course is designed to blend theory with practical applications.
Throughout the course, students will:
- Build a framework for understanding management strategies in the global marketplace
- Gain a comprehensive overview of the sports and entertainment industry and related business issues through reading materials, case study analysis, lectures and guest speakers
- Be exposed to unique learning opportunities and insights into various management functions within the sports and entertainment industry
- Become familiar with key strategic issues that cut across the entire sports and entertainment business landscape
- Learn to comprehend the basic economic principles underlying the industry