The Center for Global Management Mentoring Program connects accomplished MBA students with some of the Center's board members. The board is comprised of a dedicated and actively engaged group of visionary global leaders spanning a variety of geographies and industries who have invested in the center in recognition of UCLA Anderson's role in preparing the next generation of global leaders.
The CGM Mentoring Program provides students with a unique opportunity to connect and form meaningful relationships with board members who provide valuable counsel and guidance on professional endeavors, living and working abroad, global business and life lessons. Mentors also assist their mentees with academic and career guidance and personal development. The program has been established to augment the knowledge and understanding of those students who are interested in pursuing a career in international business and management, across a variety of industries and disciplines, as well as possibly living and working abroad upon graduation. Although mentors can provide guidance for career choices and serve as a sounding board for students as they make decisions about career choices, this is not a job placement program.
For those students interested in the program, please contact Lucy Allard who will share the profiles of possible mentors.
Program Timeline: October 2014 - June 2015
Eligibility: The program is open to all UCLA Anderson full-time and fully employed MBA students. Priority will be given to first year students with a demonstrated interest and commitment to a career in global business (either in the United States or abroad).
Selection Process:1. Mentor profiles will be shared with students who have expressed interest in the program. For those students interested, please contact Lucy Allard.
2. For 2014-15, there will be one student mentee per mentor, unless otherwise noted.
3. Interested students should submit their application by noon on Friday, October 24th, 2014.
4. Mentor and mentee pairing will be performed by the CGM leadership. Applications will be reviewed and interviews may be conducted. Mentees will be selected based on their passion for international business, academic accomplishments, leadership, career path and engagement with the Center for Global Management at UCLA Anderson.
5. The CGM will then meet with each mentee to outline guidelines and suggested interaction, as well as other expectations of the mentee/mentor relationship.
Application Process and Timeline:
Once an expression of interest has been received by the CGM and mentor profiles have been shared, please complete the application which includes the following three components:1. Application form with basic contact details
2. Current resume
3. A cover letter, not to exceed 750 words. Topic: discuss your background and career goals, interest in global business and management and why you are interested in the CGM Mentor Program. From the profiles received, students must identify a particular board member they would like as a mentor and explain the reason for selection.
Application Deadline: Friday, October 24, 2014 (noon deadline)
Review of Applications: Week of October 27, 2014 (students may be called for interviews)
Final Pairing and Notification: Week of November 3, 2014
For further information and to apply, please contact:Lucy Allard
Executive Director, Center for Global Management
110 Westwood Plaza, Cornell Hall, Suite D304
Los Angeles, CA 90095