Thank you for visiting Class Notes! Providing updates helps to maintain connections between members of the UCLA Anderson family so we are grateful for your efforts. We have provided tips below to help you prepare and submit your Class Note.
We do our best to publish your class note as submitted but edits may be necessary to adjust for space limitations, appropriate language and style, repetition of content, etc. However, being aware of common issues can help avoid disappointment post submission.
- Never submit notes based on "hearsay" from a third party without contacting the subject of the note and checking the facts. The best notes come directly from the source.
- Announcements of engagements or pregnancies are acceptable provided the information is received directly from the source.
- Be particularly sensitive when using humor in class notes text. Be sure you know the classmate(s) well enough to be certain of how jokes will be perceived by the targeted subject(s).
- Include only short web site urls.
- Format your classmate's name in bold type and identify those from another class with their class designations in parentheses e.g. ('99) following their names.
- Use only alumni's lifetime UCLA Anderson e-mail addresses for outreach purposes.
Unfortunately, many of the photos we receive are not useable because the resolution is too low. Provided that space is available in the layout, the following tips can help ensure that your photos are included:
- Photos should be no less that 300 DPI. Digital camera shots need to be taken on the high resolution setting and saved as an image sized at least four inches square but preferably larger.
- Acceptable formats are JPG, TIF or EPS.
- Send photos only as attachments, not embedded in the body of the main document that contains the text of the class notes.
- Give the photo file a descriptive title with the name(s) of at least the key person or people pictured in it.
- Provide a caption for each photo at the end of the notes document. It can be as simple as the name(s) of those pictured in the photo.
- Photos of children must also include the parent alumna/alumnus.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com