On June 29, 2013, sixty alumni spanning six decades gathered at the Goldman Sachs Headquarters on Fleet Street in London for UCLA Anderson's 2013 International Conference. This was the first International Conference since 2005, when it was held in Paris. Attendees included chapter leaders and alumni from the UK, France, Spain and Switzerland.
The Conference featured panel discussions and presentations by fellow alumni and UCLA Anderson faculty. Topics covered included the European economy, the state of the financial markets, customer acquisitions in entertainment and new media platforms, and changes and opportunities in private equity markets. See the full conference schedule here.
MBA Student Voice: Alena Kostenkova '15 blogged about her experience attending the recent International Conference in London, which was hosted by the UCLA Anderson Alumni Network. Held on June 29, 2013 at the Goldman Sachs Headquarters on Fleet Street, the Conference featured panel discussions and presentations by prominent alumni and UCLA Anderson faculty.
>> Speakers include:
- Daniel Frigo '91, EVP & Managing Director, Disney Italy
- John Hahn '89, Managing Director, Providence Equity Partners Ltd
- John Harris '74, Chairman and CEO, Nestle Waters
- Mary LeBlanc '82, Global Pharma CIO, Novartis Pharma AG
- Joseph Mauro '99, Head of FICC European Hedge Fund Sales and Co-Head of European Macro Rate Sales Goldman Sachs
- Hardy McLain '81, Managing Partner and Co-founder, CVC Capital Partners
- Judy Olian, Dean, UCLA Anderson
- Al Osborne, Senior Associate Dean, UCLA Anderson
- Chris Renner '91, President, Helios Partners Europe
- Javier San Felix '95, CEO, Banesto and Senior Executive Vice President, Banco Santander
- Emilio Saracho '80, Deputy CEO, J.P. Morgan
- Stuart Sinclair '84, Cambridge Place Investment Management
- Sanjay Sood, Associate Professor of Marketing, UCLA Anderson
- Salvador Viramontes '96, Head of Global Branding BSkyB
- Randy Work '96, Managing Partner, Kitano Capital