Alumni Career Transition (ACT) Job Search Team
Date: Monday, March 25, 2013
Time: 4:00-5:30 p.m. Pacific
Fee and Registration: $90 ( a $350 value)
For questions, contact
UCLA Anderson School of Management Alumni Career Services is offering virtual Alumni Career Transition (ACT) Teams for job search that will meet via telephone once a week from March 25 through May 6 (except April 3.) The teams will be filled first come, first served, and are limited to twelve participants each.
The Alumni Career Transition (ACT) Team provide a work group structure that enables MBA alumni, employed or currently in transition, who are looking for a job or making a career transition, to manage the job search process by identifying tasks, setting specific work objectives and measuring progress in meeting job search and career transition goals.
The ACT teams are specifically designed for individuals who are “actively job hunting”, meaning that you have already identified a job objective, developed a resume that is focused on your target job, and created a draft job search marketing plan. Participants will be given Personal Positioning Statement and Marketing Plan templates to complete prior to attending the first ACT team meeting.
During weekly meetings, team members will report progress in their job search as well as benefit from the team structure in addressing job search challenges, brainstorming strategies, and exchanging job lead information.
The virtual teams will be led by Andrew Johnson, a career coach who worked at outplacement firm Lee Hecht Harrison.
Topics of conversation may include:
• Proactive search techniques – taking charge of organizing/planning your search around activity you control
• Enabling others to help you through clear, focused communications strategies
• Researching and targeting potential employers
• Working with executive search firms
• The importance of handling rejection and staying motivated/positive
• Dealing with team members’ topics of concerns
- Participants will be expected to make a commitment to the group by attending all conference-call meetings and completing homework assignments and weekly activity tracking reports.
Register for the Monday 4pm Pacific team by selecting Buy Ticket near the top of the page.
After registering, please send your resume and target industry/job title to email@example.com.