Introduction to LinkedIn
for Networking and Job Search
Stuart Fried, Career Coach and LinkedIn Expert
Date: Thursday, November 1, 2012
Time: 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. Pacific
Fee and Registration: Free for UCLA Anderson alumni, students, and staff.
Limited to 40 participants
LinkedIn is the premier professional networking site on the Internet with more than 160 million members. Today, any professional needs to have a LinkedIn profile. It is the ideal place for you to connect with people you know and their networks.
You can rev up your networking and job search process into a proactive, targeted, and highly effective process with LinkedIn features including Groups, Advanced Search, People You May Know, the News Feed, Q&A and Apps.
During this 90 minute webinar, Stuart Fried, a career specialist, with 30 years experience in recruiting, career coaching and now LinkedIn, will explain why and how LinkedIn is an essential part of your overall job search process. You will learn step-by-step on how to create or upgrade your profile, search like a recruiter, and use Advanced Search effectively.
During this webinar, you will learn how to:
- Create and complete a professional LinkedIn profile that enhances your visibility, and increases the likelihood that recruiters and hiring managers will find you and want to contact you
- Build your network with quality connections, and increase your overall network of 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree connections to increase your Advanced Search capability
- Join and use LinkedIn Groups to further increase your network, to find, communicate and connect with other members, to participate in Discussions to learn from others and share your knowledge and expertise, to find relevant job postings, and to select your notification settings so that you only get notified of activity that truly interests you
- Proactively target and search for members with Advanced People Search using Boolean search skills (keyword search strings) to make contact with key individuals within companies who are hiring and/or of specific interest, network with peers in your profession and industry, identify potential referral sources, etc.
- Learn how to connect with members on a Search Results List, and to extract more than 100 profiles per list with the free Basic account, avoiding have to pay for Premium services
- Job Search with Advanced Job Search, Groups and Company Pages
- Get the most out of your News Feed for better networking with your connections, People You May Know and Who’s Viewed Your Profile, all on your Home Page
- Participate in the Q&A feature for both learning and sharing expertise
- Select relevant LinkedIn Apps such as Events, SlideShare, Box.net and more…
ABOUT STUART FRIED:
Stuart Fried is a highly experienced Career/Job Search specialist and LinkedIn expert with 30 years in career development and outplacement, executive search, corporate Human Resources with a Fortune 50, presentations and workshops, networking and business development. He holds a Bachelor's degree in Accounting and Marketing and a Masters degree in Clinical Psychology. Stuart has worked with thousands of clients at all levels including C-level and partner, management, exempt and non-exempt, in a diverse range of fields and industries. His recruiting experience was heavily focused on Accounting, Finance, Audit and IT. He has been involved with LinkedIn since 2006 and has a network of about 2000 direct and 13 million total connections. Stuart has delivered hundreds of presentations, workshops and webinars about LinkedIn, professional networking, career transition and job searching to networking and job support groups, professional associations, outplacement clients, and university classes and student organizations.