UCLA Anderson School of Management Alumni Career Services is offering virtual Alumni Career Transition (ACT) Teams for job search that will meet via telephone once a week from October 8 through Nov 12. The teams will be filled first come, first served, and are limited to twelve participants each.
We are planning 2 teams, one meeting at noon and the other at 4:00 pm Pacific.
Noon - Select "buy ticket" near top of this page
4pm - https://sites.anderson.ucla.edu/apps/alumni/events/rsvp.aspx?eid=3298
ABOUT ALUMNI CAREER TRANSITION TEAMS
The Alumni Career Transition (ACT) Team provide a work group structure that enables MBA alumni, employed or currently in transition, who are looking for a job or making a career transition, to manage the job search process by identifying tasks, setting specific work objectives and measuring progress in meeting job search and career transition goals.
The ACT teams are specifically designed for individuals who are “actively job hunting”, meaning that you have already identified a job objective, developed a resume that is focused on your target job, and created a draft job search marketing plan. Participants will be given Personal Positioning Statement and Marketing Plan templates to complete prior to attending the first ACT team meeting.
During weekly meetings, team members will report progress in their job search as well as benefit from the team structure in addressing job search challenges, brainstorming strategies, and exchanging job lead information.
The virtual teams will be led by Andrew Johnson, a career coach who also works at outplacement firm Lee Hecht Harrison, and Bonnie Wild, a business professional of 25 years that bridged into career coaching with her real-world-in-the-trenches experience.
Topics of conversation may include:
• Proactive search techniques – taking charge of organizing/planning your search around activity you control
• Enabling others to help you through clear, focused communications strategies
• Researching and targeting potential employers
• Working with executive search firms
• The importance of handling rejection and staying motivated/positive
• Dealing with team members’ topics of concerns
- Participants will be expected to make a commitment to the group by attending all conference-call meetings and completing homework assignments and weekly activity tracking reports.
LOGISTICS / COST
- Location: Teleconference
- Cost: $90 (a $350 value)
Register for the noon team by selecting "buy ticket" near the top of the page.
Register for the 4pm team at
After registering, please send your resume and target industry/job title to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE: The deadline for registration is October 5 or when teams fill.
QUESTIONS: Contact Kathryn Ullrich at 310-825-8216 or email@example.com