Kimberly Cayce, MBA 2008
Founder & CEO, KALYX Technologies, Inc.
Raised Venture Capital With A 5% Chance of Success
While competing as a professional golfer, Cayce became increasingly frustrated by the lack of attractive, comfortable and supportive sports bras in the marketplace. With the help of her UCLA Anderson education - supported by the prestigious 2007 Wolfen Entrepreneurial Spirit Award from the Price Center for Entrepreneurship - Cayce founded KALYX Technologies, Inc. KALYX Sports Bras incorporate revolutionary design, cutting-edge construction, and top-notch composition, creating an overall superior support bra which have been selected by SHAPE Magazine as the "Best Sports Bras for Every Size." Bucking the odds in a world in which women-owned companies receive less than 5% of venture capital funding, the former NCAA All-American golfer at Duke University raised nearly $250,000 while retaining majority control of her business.
• About Kalyx Technologies
• What it takes to become a Successful Entrepreneur
• Saving Breasts, the Environment and Your Self-Esteem
• Sports Bras Made Out of Water Bottles? Who Knew?
• Video: Shark Tank's AfterShark: Kimberly Cayce
• Kimberly Cayce ('08) Honored as One of "40 Under 40"