Hwee Hua Lim, MBA 1989
Served as first Female Full Cabinet Minister in Singapore Government
After a successful career in private-sector finance, Lim made a smooth and fruitful transition into government in her home country. She served as the first female full Cabinet Minister in the Singapore Government, at the Prime Minister's Office. Lim started her career as an administrative officer in the ministries of finance, education and law. After completing her MBA, she worked with Swiss Bank Corp. as an investment analyst, headed research and business development at Jardine Fleming, and spearheaded strategic relations at Temasek Holdings. In 1996, she entered public life, winning elections as a Member of Parliament. In 2004, she was appointed as minister of state for finance and transport. Lim, who earned an International Student's Award whilst at UCLA Anderson, is currently a member of the Central Executive Committee and chairs the Women's Wing of the People's Action Party.
• Investment firm KKR appoints Lim Hwee Hua as senior adviser
• Ernst & Young appoints Lim Hwee Hua as a global independent non-executive
• Lim Hwee Hua urges firms to boost productivity, inSing.com
• More female lawmakers in Singapore, thanks to men
• Video: Official Launch of SIATP - Keynote Address by Ms Lim Hwee Hua
• 'Ideal for women to form one-third of Parliament'