William H. Gross, MBA 1971
Manages the World's Largest Bond Fund
Called "the nation's most prominent bond investor" by the New York Times and "the consigliore to the world's financial elite" by Forbes, (who counted him among "the world's most powerful people" in 2009 and 2010), Gross co-founded PIMCO and currently manages its Total Return fund, the world's largest mutual fund and is responsible for nearly $2 trillion worldwide. A former blackjack pro, Gross has said he still applies many of the principles learned then for spreading risk and calculating odds to his investment decisions. He is the author of two popular books on investing, Bill Gross on Investing and Everything You've Heard About Investing Is Wrong. Gross has been a keynote at UCLA Anderson events and a commencement speaker. He is a noted philanthropist and a generous donor to our school.
• Bill Gross and LizAnn Sonders at Schwab Impact: 'Make Things, Not Paper'
• Bill Gross: The World's 7 Most Powerful Financiers - Forbes
• PIMCO's Bill Gross' November Podcast Available on iTunes, Titled "Pennies From Heaven"
• Bill Gross' Bet Pays Off as PIMCO Profits From Black Swans
• BUZ LIVINGSTON: Bill Gross speaks ... I listen
• Bill Gross Named Fund Manager of the Decade
• Gross Makes Unrestricted Gift of $1 Million to UCLA Anderson
• 'Clients don't pay me to feel sorry' Gross talks tough
• Bill Gross sees dangers in the debt-limit debate
• Bill Gross: Why We Need a Housing Rescue
• Bill Gross: How Main Street Will Profit
• Video: Bond gurus Larry Fink and Bill Gross concerned about U.S. debt
• 4 Highlights of Bill Gross's Morningstar Speech
• Bill Gross Illuminates Financial Repression by Central Banks