Marshall Goldsmith, PhD 1977
One of the Most Influential Business Thinkers in the World
Marshall Goldsmith ('77), is the million-selling author or editor of 31 books, including the New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestsellers, MOJO and What Got You Here Won't Get You There - a WSJ #1 business book and winner of the Harold Longman Award for Business Book of the Year. His books have been translated into 28 languages and become bestsellers in nine countries.
Marshall's professional acknowledgments include: Institute for Management Studies - Lifetime Achievement Award (one of only two ever awarded), American Management Association - 50 great thinkers and leaders who have influenced the field of management over the past 80 years, BusinessWeek- 50 great leaders in America, Wall Street Journal - top ten executive educators, Forbes - five most-respected executive coaches, Leadership Excellence - top five thinkers on leadership, Economic Times(India)- top CEO coaches of America, Economist (UK) - most credible executive advisors in the new era of business, National Academy of Human Resources - Fellow of the Academy (America's top HR award), World HRD Congress - 2011 global leader in HR thinking, 2011 - Tata Award (India) for Global HR Excellence, Fast Company - America's preeminent executive coach and Leader to Leader Institute - 2010 Leader of the Future Award. His work has been recognized by almost every professional organization in his field.
Dr. Goldsmith’s Ph.D. is from UCLA’s Anderson School of Management where (in 2010) he was recognized as one of 100 distinguished graduates in the 75 year history of the School. He teaches executive education at Dartmouth’s Tuck School and frequently speaks at leading business schools. He is one of a select few executive advisors who have been asked to work with over 120 major CEOs and their management teams. He served on the Board of the Peter Drucker Foundation for ten years. He has been a volunteer teacher for US Army Generals, Navy Admirals, Girl Scout executives, International and American Red Cross leaders – where he was a National Volunteer of the Year.
Marshall's other books include: Succession: Are You Ready? - a WSJ bestseller, The Leader of the Future - a BusinessWeek bestseller. The AMA Handbook of Leadership, The Organization of the Future 2 and The Leadership Investment - all three are American Library Association - Choice award winners for academic business books of the year. Over three hundred of his articles, interviews, columns and videos are available online at www.MarshallGoldsmithLibrary.com for viewing and sharing. Visitors to this site have come from 195 countries and have viewed, read, listened to, downloaded or shared resources over 7.1 million times. He has regular blogs at www.BusinessWeek.com and www.HuffingtonPost.com.
• Marshall Goldsmith Ranked #7 On List of The World's Top 50 Business Thinkers
• Leadership Hall Of Fame: Marshall Goldsmith, Author Of "What Got You Here, Won't Get You There"
• Bestselling Author and Executive Coach Marshall Goldsmith Addresses Toronto CEOs
• Marshall Goldsmith Library
• Huffington Post - Coaching that Changed My Life
• bizSanDiego - Teaching a New Breed of Business Leaders
• Marshall Goldsmith Group
• Books by Marshall Goldsmith
• Video: Marshall Goldsmith: The Best Leadership Advice You'll Ever Get
• Video: Marshall Goldsmith on Mojo
• Video: "What Got You Here Won't Get You There" with Marshal Goldsmith, PhD
• Video: "Surviving and Thriving After a Firing or Lay-Off"
• Simplest Way to Improve Your Team's Performance
• Succession and Personal Behavioral Change