Carolyn Flowers, MBA 1976
Innovates Transportation Systems in Large Cities
After a long public-sector career in Los Angeles, Flowers moved to Charlotte, N.C. in 2009 to take the reins as CEO of the Charlotte Area Transit System. There, she presides over a bus and rail system with ambitious expansion plans - despite declining revenue. Flowers can draw on her many years of experience at the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro), ultimately as its chief operating officer. In that role, she presided over a $900 million operating budget and 6,000 employees. She oversaw the city's bus operations and labor negotiations with Metro's employees. Flowers also served as budget director for the City of Beverly Hills.
• In Depth: CATS CEO Carolyn Flowers - News14.com
• Carolyn Flowers named CEO, Charlotte Area Transit System
• Metro Q&A with Carolyn Flowers
• Video: Flowers discusses the state of the Charlotte Area Transit System
• In Depth: CATS CEO Carolyn Flowers
• CATS CEO Flowers recognized as 'Outstanding Business Woman'